As my birthday is a few weeks behind me, it’s time to start to work on my newyear resolutions I made for this year. Starting before my birthday is a NO for me because I’ll give so easy with all the threats and snacks.
So now it’s FEBRUARY, oh yess already February. I can’t hardly believe it’s the second month of the new year.
Okay, let’s move over to the point where you decided to read this blog, right?
I hate to cook, but I love to bake !
That’s my life quote I guess ! But even when you bake you can make some healthy snacks that are so good for you !
On Thursday I tried to bake a healthy oatmeal cake, and now today I went for perfection. The taste was great but I was just missing something in the cake. Now, it’s good for me, so I hope also good for you !
Healthy Oatmeal cake
- 100 grams of oatmeal flakes
- 3 ripe (almost brown) bananas (taste so much sweeter)
- 1 big apple
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp of raisins (dark)
- 1 tbsp of almonds (for the topping)
HOW TO BAKE ?
- Pre heat the oven at 180° C
- Blend the 3 bananas in a blender (type NutriBlender) or just use a fork to mash them like I did
- Put the mashed banana in a bowl and add the oatmeal flakes, cinnamon and the eggs
- mixt everything
- add the raisins and mix again
- Slice the apple and cut in small pieces
- Add the apple pieces in the bowl and stir everything
- Add everything in a cake pan
- If you want you can add the almonds on top
- put in the oven for about 30 minutes until it’s golden brown
- let cool for a few minutes & ENJOY
Here are just some pictures of the steps for baking this healthy cake..
The arome when baking is just sooooo good, so yummie.
Here’s the finished cake
This is how it looks on the inside, full of good healthy things
HOW TO EAT?
Well, I like this cake with a cup of coffee, but also with some Greek yogurt.
It’s one of the best things I baked the past weeks, I really hope you like it to. Please let me know if you do or don’t 😉
It’s just perfect for a healthy Sunday snack and for a healthy breakfast to start the next week! Oh and it’s budget proof, so again another winner !
Love Lucy xx